Sunday 31 May 2009

Mission accomplished!

Today we completed the MAG Manchester to Liverpool ride. Many thanks to everyone who generously sponsored us.

The day started with smiles at the prospect of hours of sunshine for the trip.
DSC00795

8.54am: A quick snap at the Start line,
DSC00796

and they're off. So quick my photographer missed me!
DSC00797

10:47am: A snack stop for a quarter of an hour at Fiddler's Ferry.
DSC02224
DSC02225

Then onward to the finish at Otterspool Park, crossing the line a little after noon.
P1010230

All in all it took us about 3 hours of pedaling (excluding the stop). I was very pleased with that, given I was on my mountain bike and frankly was having trouble keeping up with John on his skinny-wheeled road bike by the end.

But less important than the time was the fact that it was a thoroughly enjoyable day and more importantly still, the event seems to have been a roaring success with fabulous weather and lots of riders hopefully raising lots of money and awareness of MAG's work.

I'll try to post back here when I know how much the event raised overall.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment