Tuesday 19 May 2009

Ready to roll (and even pedal a bit)

I finally went for a half-serious ride along a stretch of the MAG route. All in all about 28 miles.

Things I learned:

  • I'm not as fit as people think.

  • I'm not as fit as I think.

  • Flat bumpy terrain leaves your shoulders aching as much as your legs. For days.


  • It all started in sunshine with a clean bike, the very bike in fact that will do the MAG ride itself which has just had a "no expense spared" service.

    DSC02172

    I took in the fancy bridge over the M60 near Sale Water Park...

    DSC02178

    the canal somewhere near Stretford...

    DSC02180

    this former station house out beyond Altrincham...

    DSC02179

    and then it started to cloud over.

    Then rain.

    Then I got lost. Twice.

    By the time I got home I looked like this. (In case you can't tell, I am soaked.)

    DSC02182

    So come on, I nearly froze to death for the cause already, isn't that worth a few quid?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment